Tuesday 29 May 2012

Stamps

Now I've said many things about the front pictures of my Postcrossing cards, but I've hardly mentioned the pictures on the other side; the stamps.
When you participate in Postcrossing for a while, you automatically become somewhat of a stamp conoisseur. I can now recognize the "standard" stamps from most busy postcrossing countires; the German church tower, the Russian rabbits, the Taiwanese flowers, and the US landscapes (although these changed a few months ago!). But I've also received many beautiful, special stamps, which I would like to share with you, because I think they deserve more attention. (Here in the Netherlands we only have boring sticker stamps, and although I sometimes buy a batch of old stamps to compensate for this, I still feel a bit guilty about our lack of proper stamps.)
The selection below is entirely random: I just went through my stock of cards and picked any stamps that looked special, mainly the bigger, colourful ones. This hardly does justice to them all. I know I have a cute little Hello Kitty stamp from Japan somewhere, but I couldn't find it quickly, so maybe I'll redo this in the proper order with the proper attention one day. But for now, just sit back and enjoy!

My only South African stamp so far; a dinosaur holograph.
A Czech stamp with a story.
Belgian bird stamps, with a Smurf.
Several colourful Chinese stamps.
Another set of Chinese stamps.
Some US stamps with animals.
Very different Ukranian stamps, I love the dreamy one with the unicorn.
Another set of Ukranian stamps: they must like triangles!
A varied bunch of Czech stamps: I love the cat one!

A huuuuge Russian stamp.
Some other huge Russion stamps.
Two large bugs from Singapore.
Very different stamps from Thailand.
Almost a stamp overload from Taiwan!

1 comment:

  1. Nou.. ik mis Hello Kitty wel heel erg hoor ;) Nee, leuke plaatjes en wij NLers zijn idd gewoon saai met onze standaard stickertjes! Zal ook gauw weer beginnen met posten! Tot snel!

    ReplyDelete