Wednesday 1 February 2012

Street art cards

So yesterday I posted about my arty cards, but I somehow missed one of the most beautiful Van Gogh cards I'd received, this one;
CN-507120 received 17 January 2012
No idea how I could have missed that, I was so happy when it arrived! Anyway, just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

And about six hours after that post on artiness yesterday, the universe decided to tell me that I was being a snob, by sending me my first Banksy card. No, actually, it was a girl from Lithuania, who had read my wishlist and saw that it mentioned both "street art" and "Banksy".
Now if you haven't done so already, please watch Exit Through the Giftshop, which is a documentary about a man making a documentary about Banksy, which turns out to be a documentary by Banksy about a man who makes a documentary about Banksy, or something like that. I know I have just given away the point, but if you have not seen this thing while it has been out there for 2 years, you won't be too bothered about that. And still, some great images of how street artists work, and how crazy things got when people decided that they were art and that they would pay thousands of dollars to have a bit of Banksy or whatever in their house. Now I wouldn't go as far as that, but I did get very happy checking out some of the street art in London and Rome while I was there, and maybe I got even happier when I received this card (couldn't find the artist anywhere, if you do know, please tell me!);
IE-22446 received 20 June 2011
Yes, that is street art. And yes, that is Samuel Beckett (and it was sent by an Irish girl, what more could I want for?). Sadly I received this card about a month after I got back from London, because we were staying in Notting Hill at the time, and I would definitely have looked this one up as well.
And then there is Banksy;
LT-182278 received 31 January 2012
Slightly less enthusiastic about this one, it is not one if his best works in my opinion, but a Banksy nonetheless! I do hope to receive more soon, but they seem to be in short demand!

No comments:

Post a Comment